Wire brush test
A wire brush should not be missing in any basic equipment of do-it-yourselfers or skilled workers. Whether for cleaning car parts or for the maintenance of house elements: With the right wire brush, an optimal helper is always available. As the specialist market offers a comprehensive range of different models, it is helpful to use test results when finally choosing a suitable wire brush. In this way, everyone plays it safe and the chosen model accompanies numerous work steps.
A wire brush: What is that?
A brush of this type is characterized by bristles that are set wide apart. These are made of different materials and are primarily suitable for removing dirt, lacquer or paint residues. Wire brushes are available as practical attachments for drilling or grinding machines.
How do wire brushes work?
A wire brush can be used to remove unwanted particles from surfaces of different sizes and positions. In this way, a wide range of work steps can be prepared effectively and thoroughly. In addition, wire brushes have also become indispensable for use in house and garden. From barbecue grills to garden fences and flower pots, users benefit from the versatile functions of one and the same wire brush.
Flexible application possibilities of the wire brush
To ensure that the right brush is always at hand, it is recommended to have at least two different models at hand. Elongated wire brushes with a wide bristle range are the best way to process larger areas with coarse residues in a time-saving manner. In addition, curved models or practical attachments for machine tools are more suitable for fine work in hard-to-reach areas or with angled brushes.
For whom are wire brushes suitable?
A wire brush should not be missing in any household. Coarse dirt on walls or floors is quickly removed. With the help of a few simple steps, common household machines can also be cleaned quickly and easily. Just as well, wire brushes are part of the basic equipment of every workshop of ambitious do-it-yourselfers.
Slats, walls, fences or other types of surfaces are effectively prepared for all necessary work steps in no time at all. In combination with a drill or grinding machine, the brush attachment facilitates many an essential step. According to this principle even professional craftsmen benefit from the practical use of different wire brushes.
Easy handling of each wire brush: Manual or electronic
Depending on the application, each brush is quickly at hand. With simple up and down movements, disturbing residues of paint, varnish or similar can be easily removed. The same applies to the use of wire brushes on electrical machines. The advantage here is the low application of force with maximum performance. With the help of a simple rotation and light pressure, the respective brushes can be quickly replaced. In addition, an uncomplicated change during work is also possible.
Specific performance characteristics of a wire brush
Depending on the design, wire brushes are suitable for working on different surfaces. Large surfaces are processed with wide and straight specimens. In contrast, narrow or even elongated wire brushes are more suitable for fine work on gears or in various corners.
The harder and more stable the surface is, the harder the selected wire brush may be. For example, specimens made of stainless steel are suitable for removing loose paint and varnish residues from fences. In contrast, wire brushes with nylon or copper attachments are preferable for tools or machines.
- versatile use possible due to different bristles: roughening, derusting, paint stripping, etc. simple handling multifunctional use: manual operation, fixing in vice, attachment for drilling or grinding machinesLongevity thanks to high quality workmanshipdifferent versions available Pot-, cable-, round-, brush- or handbrush insert with or without electrical source
- with wrong models unnecessary scratches remain on the workpiece
Convincing safety features of wire brush
High-quality wire brushes are distinguished by the TÜV Rheinland seal. This seal not only provides safety, but also convinces through many years of use with maximum functionality of the wire brush. Depending on the manufacturer, wire brushes are also subjected to internal safety tests. Before using your own wire brush, it is advisable to test all individual elements of the brush for suitability and stability.
What is tested during quality inspections of a wire brush?
A test report deals with various properties and quality characteristics of wire brushes. In the first step a wire brush is exposed to extreme working conditions. Over a long period of time different materials are processed with the brush. During this process, the brushes are selected according to the respective manufacturer’s recommendations. After numerous working operations, testers check to what extent the wire brush suffers from wear. However, if it can withstand these requirements, the brush receives the best ratings.
At the same time, experts observe whether individual components of the wire brush come loose during use. In simple models, for example, individual wires fly off to the side. These not only reduce the value of the wire brush in terms of its possible applications, but also pose a significant risk to the user. In this respect, specialists use other methods to test whether the respective model can be guided comfortably and safely by hand. Attachments for drills are also tested with regard to threads and attachments. For example, the stability of the receiving shaft is also extremely important.
Care and cleaning of the wire brush
After use, wire brushes can be cleaned under running water if necessary. However, they should be completely dry when next used. If they are slightly soiled, targeted, jerky movements out and down in the air are sufficient. In this way, individual components can be removed quickly and easily.
How much are wire brushes?
Regardless of the material, a wire brush costs on average between 3.50 euros and 10 euros. Each manufacturer has different price ranges with various differences in terms of production, size and material.
Important manufacturers of wire brushes at a glance
- KS Tools: This manufacturer knows what is important in everyday tool use. Stability and innovation are of utmost importance. A diversified range of products covers the demand for practical wire brushes, deburrers for outdoor use and comfortable, multi-part tool sets. The latter are ideal for the initial basic equipment of your own workshop. Last but not least, craftsmen can play it safe by choosing KS Tools tools. Wolfcraft: High-quality tools and practical work utensils for the do-it-yourself sector have been part of Wolfcraft’s extensive range of products for over 60 years. With more than 2,000 different articles, the local company serves the world market. Deliveries are made to more than 36 countries and include small tools as well as comfortable machines for the satisfied craftsman.Hazet: Since 1868, the Hazet company has focused on the manufacture of high-quality tools. It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for tools for do-it-yourselfers or professional craftsmen: Hazet serves both target groups with a proven and extensive product range. In addition to robust wire brushes, the well-known manufacturer offers a large repertoire of important utensils for occupational safety. In addition, customers can obtain everything from practical hammers and pneumatic tools to multifunctional socket wrenches.
Practical accessories for wire brushes
Robust protective gloves are recommended for working with wire brushes. These additionally stabilize the handle and protect the hand from direct contact with falling rust and dirt residues. In addition, safety goggles or other types of face protection are recommended. With regard to the recommended work clothing, the general standards of regular work protection apply.
What should be considered when buying a wire brush?
Already the first impression should convince of the solid design of a wire brush. It is particularly important whether the individual wires have been processed firmly and safely. A last glance should also be taken to ensure a secure grip. An ergonomic shape facilitates professional work. A grooved handle also pays off with plastic. In this way the wire brush lies safely and securely in the hand. Dangerous slipping becomes almost impossible.
The 3 top sellers at Amazon.de
- ALL-PURPOSE BRUSHES MESS-DR GEW 05670100 for 8,91 EuroKS Tools 201.2301 All-purpose stainless steel wire brush, 250 mm for 4,80 EuroWolfcraft 2133000 Wire brushes in set 4pcs. for 8,50 Euro
5 good reasons for choosing high-quality wire brushes
- Indispensable in many situations: different working widthsLong-lasting and safe to useVarious models: manually operated or as attachment for drillsTop price-performance ratioWirebrush makes many jobs in the house, garden or factory easier